Building the site from source with drush

Hi there!

I’m trying to automate building/updating farmOS from source with ansible and drush on a debian buster machine, with mysql and php 7.4, drush 8.1.8

I already successfully installed farmos latest release from your build in this setup

Yet I can’t get my way around building it from source.
I check farmos source, and then run:

drush make --no-gitinfofile build-farm.make web

then get a lot of errors like:
Beginning to build build-farm.make. [ok]
Unable to extract /tmp/drush_tmp_1611528656_600df9d00d680/drupal-7.78.tar.gz. Unknown archive format.

How do you build the site from drush (including thecore)?

thanks!

1 Like

I assume you’ve seen Installing - farmOS.org.

Another resource would be the steps that are used to build the official release docker images at; farmOS/Dockerfile at 6a4dc2c50628539544afa2a29bac2607a8eddfef · farmOS/farmOS · GitHub

There’s also this dead link in the farmOS.org projects link farm; Add Ansible farmOS to projects. · farmOS/farmOS.org@2e7a033 · GitHub (also ref: IRC logs for #farmOS, 2020-02-05 (GMT) | irc.farmos.org) It might be worth trying to reach out to komatek21 (komatek21) · GitHub and see how much progress they made or whether there’s a reason they took the repository down.

1 Like

Hi @Symbioquine,
Thanks for the tips!
I took a look into the dev docker file, and there was indeed the correct syntax to build the site with drush, and almost everything looks good now…

Except this single build error now:
Unable to patch restws with 2301237-34.patch. [error]

Does someone know what this might be?

in the ansible reference you mentioned, the github project doesn’t exist anymore.
Anyways mine will once I’m (almost done with it) :wink:

2 Likes

Not enough information here to tell what the problem is, but that patch is for https://www.drupal.org/project/restws/issues/2301237