Templates for CSV uploads?

Hey Georgie: Welcome to the club! (I mean: both farmOS users club and that distinguished segment of us busy farmers with lots of data to upload :slight_smile:

If i understand correctly your need, it is not simply geographical data (what KML is all about, as @Farmer-Ed points out) but also tabular data about your plant assets, seeding &/or transplanting logs, etc. -yes?

If so, you should know that- though there were “Import CSV” templates available for version 1.x of farmOS, those import templates have not been ported-over to current version 2.x of farmOS. As discussed in this recent thread, and this earlier one out of which it arose, there are other methods for importing data via API, which are certainly more flexible & powerful, but not so point&shoot easy as those old “Import CSV” templates.

One thing i can recommend, if you have any degree of scripting-savvy, there is this excellent farmOS.py script by @paul121 that can get you started uploading & downloading data to&from your farmOS instance via API without too much ado.

I have also found Postman to be a pretty useful tool for API exploration and development of some reports i want to look at regularly, though it takes a bit of javascript-savvy to do anything complicated -like a request with some conditional logic (e.g. first GET to see if some assets exist, before you POST a new asset, then POST a transplanting log to that asset; that sorta thing).

In any case @Georgie : i hope you find a way of uploading your farm data that works well for you. Do keep us posted as to how it goes!

/walt

3 Likes