Tracking Products and Inventory - Product Quantity

Agreed! We had an interesting structural debate about the value of products as assets versus products as taxonomy terms associated with their location.

Not necessarily a right answer there, but things worth testing, thanks for sharing your application also to know these thoughts have broader needs.

1 Like

Hey there! Great to reconnect @gbathree . Yup, it was me!

Sorry, bit late to the party & feel free to point me somewhere else, if this has moved on.

Couple of notes:

1. VOCbench: DFC has it’s own instance now… which you can find at vocbench[dot]datafoodconsortium[dot]org [Apparently, I’m not trustworthy enough to put more than 2 links in a post, so you’ll have to cut & paste that one :face_with_diagonal_mouth: ]. We also have ShowVOC - which doesn’t require a login, and allows you to browse the Ontology & Taxonomies.

2. The PHP Connector is now available, which could support/accelerate you creating the serializer/endpoints required.

What it doesn’t do is support the OIDC integration, but there are Drupal modules for that, right! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

FYI I opened a pull request to propose adding a Product asset type + Product type vocabulary to farmOS core: Add a Product asset type and Product type taxonomy by mstenta · Pull Request #787 · farmOS/farmOS · GitHub

Update: the Product asset type pull request was merged, and farmOS v3.1.0 was released on Friday. Product assets are officially part of the farmOS core data model now! :tada:

Just a first step… (see my comment in this other thread)