# \#feature-request

**URL:** https://farmos.discourse.group/tag/feature-request/1.md

[Latest](https://farmos.discourse.group/latest.md) · [Categories](https://farmos.discourse.group/categories.md) · [Tags](https://farmos.discourse.group/tags.md)

---

## [Preventing Duplicate Animal Entries](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/preventing-duplicate-animal-entries/2485)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@ffrota](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/ffrota)\
**Replies:** 2\
**Last updated:** [June 26, 2026, 4:29pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/preventing-duplicate-animal-entries/2485 "2026-06-26T16:29:43Z")

</div>

I accidentally imported two CSV spreadsheets containing “Active Animals,” and the system created duplicates, which were manually removed. To prevent occurrences like this, I suggest including a test that shouldn’t subst…

---

## [Breeding plan brainstorm](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/breeding-plan-brainstorm/2303)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@mstenta](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/mstenta)\
**Replies:** 15\
**Last updated:** [June 26, 2026, 12:16pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/breeding-plan-brainstorm/2303 "2026-06-26T12:16:16Z")

</div>

Spinning this out as a standalone topic from Quick Gestation Calculator Form (1.x) - #6 by Skipper… Generally speaking, we are developing a nice pattern around “planning” modules (eg: Crop Plan and Grazing Plan mention…

---

## [Improve log clone message](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/improve-log-clone-message/1637)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@paul121](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/paul121)\
**Replies:** 7\
**Last updated:** [June 17, 2026, 12:08pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/improve-log-clone-message/1637 "2026-06-17T12:08:51Z")

</div>

I noticed this while chatting with @AmberS and created a feature request in the log module: https://www.drupal.org/project/log/issues/3358971 After cloning one or more logs a status message is displayed: “Cloned {#} lo…

---

## [Creation of Log Death](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/creation-of-log-death/2512)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@ffrota](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/ffrota)\
**Replies:** 1\
**Last updated:** [April 23, 2026, 12:37pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/creation-of-log-death/2512 "2026-04-23T12:37:37Z")

</div>

Purchase, Sale, Birth. Missing log Death. It’s not exactly a new requirement, but it’s sorely missed.

---

## [Equipment use logs](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/equipment-use-logs/1624)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@mstenta](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/mstenta)\
**Replies:** 23\
**Last updated:** [April 2, 2026, 5:42pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/equipment-use-logs/1624 "2026-04-02T17:42:23Z")

</div>

A Farmier subscriber that upgraded to farmOS v2 recently asked me about viewing “Equipment use logs” - which were easy to see on each Equipment asset page in farmOS v1. There are ways to get this information in v2, but n…

---

## [Markdown list formatting CSS enhancements](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/markdown-list-formatting-css-enhancements/2496)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@rmattb](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/rmattb)\
**Replies:** 2\
**Last updated:** [March 23, 2026, 4:59pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/markdown-list-formatting-css-enhancements/2496 "2026-03-23T16:59:15Z")

</div>

The terminology gets tricky. :slight\_smile: For my SOP example intended to be stored as a versioned farm\_document asset (in previously attached file), I did not have to specify siblings incrementally as 1., 2., 3., be…

---

## [Support for Markdown in assets/logs/etc](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/support-for-markdown-in-assets-logs-etc/2494)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@mstenta](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/mstenta)\
**Replies:** 16\
**Last updated:** [March 23, 2026, 12:51pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/support-for-markdown-in-assets-logs-etc/2494 "2026-03-23T12:51:29Z")

</div>

What do folks think about adding support for Markdown in textarea fields in farmOS records? This would allow you to easily create numbered/bulleted lists, bold/italic formatting, links, etc in notes and other textarea f…

---

## [Reporting for farmOS](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/reporting-for-farmos/2462)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@jjarrinf](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/jjarrinf)\
**Replies:** 2\
**Last updated:** [January 20, 2026, 3:39pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/reporting-for-farmos/2462 "2026-01-20T15:39:42Z")

</div>

Has anybody developed reports (a.i. imports data to Excel) for FarmOS?. Is there any documentation about this topic.

---

## [Remove map from Dashboard](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/remove-map-from-dashboard/1556)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@blwallace](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/blwallace)\
**Replies:** 14\
**Last updated:** [August 31, 2025, 11:46am UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/remove-map-from-dashboard/1556 "2025-08-31T11:46:31Z")

</div>

I don’t see the need for the map in the Dashboard to be owning so much of the monitor’s real estate. I know where my farm is located. I only have one and it’s not going to move. Can I eliminate the map or at least res…

---

## [Adding calculated or user inputted area to API and stored data model](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/adding-calculated-or-user-inputted-area-to-api-and-stored-data-model/2052)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@gbathree](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/gbathree)\
**Replies:** 11\
**Last updated:** [July 22, 2025, 11:16am UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/adding-calculated-or-user-inputted-area-to-api-and-stored-data-model/2052 "2025-07-22T11:16:23Z")

</div>

This issue came up in the FarmOS Element. Here’s the discussion. Hey all! I won’t be able to make the dev call today. I’ll catch up next week. :slight\_smile: In terms of next steps in core, there’s an open feature re…

---

## [CSV import Taxonomy term: Plant type](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/csv-import-taxonomy-term-plant-type/2217)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@Fosten](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/Fosten)\
**Replies:** 2\
**Last updated:** [April 28, 2025, 12:56am UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/csv-import-taxonomy-term-plant-type/2217 "2025-04-28T00:56:12Z")

</div>

The CSV import process for farmOS has been greatly improved over the last year. Thank you so much for building this! One of the remaining missing pieces is expanding CSV import for taxonomy terms. Currently three base…

---

## [Dealing with long titles (of assets, logs, etc)](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/dealing-with-long-titles-of-assets-logs-etc/2264)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@BOTLFarm](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/BOTLFarm)\
**Replies:** 8\
**Last updated:** [April 3, 2025, 1:20pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/dealing-with-long-titles-of-assets-logs-etc/2264 "2025-04-03T13:20:47Z")

</div>

:100: Agree! I actually had this same thought the other day. We should absolutely implement this. +1 for this. The log name length is actually a large pain on mobile also. To view the whole log name on a small screen…

---

## [Ability to create abandoned logs](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/ability-to-create-abandoned-logs/1636)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@paul121](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/paul121)\
**Replies:** 13\
**Last updated:** [March 30, 2025, 1:41pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/ability-to-create-abandoned-logs/1636 "2025-03-30T13:41:53Z")

</div>

Today during the development call @Symbioquine @Farmer-Ed @fosten and I talked about the challenge in modifying a log to show that the action the log represents will never happen as originally planned. We think it makes …

---

## [Animal weight module](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/animal-weight-module/1406)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@pat](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/pat)\
**Replies:** 4\
**Last updated:** [January 3, 2025, 2:43pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/animal-weight-module/1406 "2025-01-03T14:43:53Z")

</div>

Hi I’m working on some animal growth logging from Node-Red, so i did some research how to approach this. I discovered the Animal weight module for v2. It looks nice. @paul121, @mstenta, is this far away from hosted Far…

---

## [Organization-level data](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/organization-level-data/2003)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@mstenta](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/mstenta)\
**Replies:** 9\
**Last updated:** [December 18, 2024, 10:53am UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/organization-level-data/2003 "2024-12-18T10:53:39Z")

</div>

This topic is about the proposal to add a new “Organization” entity type in farmOS, for storing “organization-level” data (also referred to as “farm-level” data in other conversations). This is a continuation/alternativ…

---

## [Recurring Activity Log](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/recurring-activity-log/1561)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@blwallace](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/blwallace)\
**Replies:** 2\
**Last updated:** [December 15, 2024, 5:58pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/recurring-activity-log/1561 "2024-12-15T17:58:25Z")

</div>

Is there a way to create an activity log on a recurring basis? For example, cleaning barn first of the every month, counting dead animals every two days, etc.

---

## [Equipment types](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/equipment-types/2158)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@mstenta](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/mstenta)\
**Replies:** 0\
**Last updated:** [November 19, 2024, 9:41pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/equipment-types/2158 "2024-11-19T21:41:00Z")

</div>

I drafted a pull request that adds a new “Equipment type” taxonomy which allows you to categorize Equipment assets. It follows the same pattern as the existing “Animal type”, “Material type”, “Plant type”, and “Product t…

---

## [Brainstorm: Configurable Observation Quick Form](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/brainstorm-configurable-observation-quick-form/2122)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@mstenta](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/mstenta)\
**Replies:** 4\
**Last updated:** [September 25, 2024, 5:09pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/brainstorm-configurable-observation-quick-form/2122 "2024-09-25T17:09:11Z")

</div>

I’ve been formulating ideas for a new Observation quick form in farmOS core. I’m imagining something that is very general-purpose, but can also be “configurable” (like the Inventory quick form), which would allow users t…

---

## [Template module](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/template-module/2054)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@paul121](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/paul121)\
**Replies:** 7\
**Last updated:** [July 10, 2024, 4:26pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/template-module/2054 "2024-07-10T16:26:23Z")

</div>

Happy to share that the Template module we have been working on is ready for review and testing! :smile: Note: This module is not ready for production! Please do not install it on your production farmOS instances. I exp…

---

## [Interest in a new Farm asset type?](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/interest-in-a-new-farm-asset-type/1863)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@mstenta](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/mstenta)\
**Replies:** 11\
**Last updated:** [May 8, 2024, 7:53pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/interest-in-a-new-farm-asset-type/1863 "2024-05-08T19:53:31Z")

</div>

Would it be useful for farmOS core to provide an optional “Farm” asset type? In general, a single farmOS instance represents a single farm. We’ve had a lot of discussions around supporting “multiple farms” in a single i…

---

## [Managing documents, SOPs, etc](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/managing-documents-sops-etc/1857)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@mstenta](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/mstenta)\
**Replies:** 8\
**Last updated:** [February 24, 2024, 11:34am UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/managing-documents-sops-etc/1857 "2024-02-24T11:34:39Z")

</div>

Susan Mitchel of Cloverleigh Farm shared this on the New CT Farmer Alliance mailing list this morning (copied here with her permission): At the Farmer 2 Farmer event, I got talking about SOPs with a couple other grower…

---

## [FarmOS v3 edit form](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/farmos-v3-edit-form/1872)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@pat](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/pat)\
**Replies:** 4\
**Last updated:** [February 9, 2024, 12:20pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/farmos-v3-edit-form/1872 "2024-02-09T12:20:32Z")

</div>

Adding a new log, the first thing on my mind is usually to type the log name. It’s almost impossible to press tab to get to the title field. Need to tap with mouse pointer. Is it possible to autofocus on the title fiel…

---

## [Asset Type - "Product"](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/asset-type-product/1864)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@graffte](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/graffte)\
**Replies:** 4\
**Last updated:** [February 4, 2024, 11:07am UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/asset-type-product/1864 "2024-02-04T11:07:14Z")

</div>

I think FarmOS asset types are missing a one for farm end products. As a farm with a crop operation, FarmOS has Assets for Seed and Plants, but the end product for me is Grain. Today I sort of get by using the Lot Cod…

---

## [Interest in adding a key/value field to assets and logs for extra information?](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/interest-in-adding-a-key-value-field-to-assets-and-logs-for-extra-information/1851)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@mstenta](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/mstenta)\
**Replies:** 1\
**Last updated:** [January 24, 2024, 5:00pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/interest-in-adding-a-key-value-field-to-assets-and-logs-for-extra-information/1851 "2024-01-24T17:00:17Z")

</div>

This idea has came up a number of times over the years, and again recently with convention work. So I figured I’d start a forum topic to get input from the wider community… Problem: If I have data that doesn’t have a pl…

---

## [Interest in an inventory adjustment quick form?](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/interest-in-an-inventory-adjustment-quick-form/1096)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@mstenta](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/mstenta)\
**Replies:** 20\
**Last updated:** [January 4, 2024, 10:55am UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/interest-in-an-inventory-adjustment-quick-form/1096 "2024-01-04T10:55:16Z")

</div>

I think it would be nice for farmOS to provide an “Inventory adjustment” quick form - to make it easier to record quick adjustments to asset inventory levels. Currently, the process for adjusting inventory is: Create …

---

## [Accessing user roles in progressively decoupled blocks](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/accessing-user-roles-in-progressively-decoupled-blocks/1815)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@braught](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/braught)\
**Replies:** 6\
**Last updated:** [December 22, 2023, 4:05pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/accessing-user-roles-in-progressively-decoupled-blocks/1815 "2023-12-22T16:05:30Z")

</div>

I am building a module for farmOS that uses Vue.js to render pages that interact with farmOS via the API using the farmOS.js library. Overall this is working like a charm so far :slight\_smile: One thing I would like to…

---

## [UI improvements - editing forms](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/ui-improvements-editing-forms/1743)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@paul121](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/paul121)\
**Replies:** 8\
**Last updated:** [November 3, 2023, 1:30pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/ui-improvements-editing-forms/1743 "2023-11-03T13:30:29Z")

</div>

Another update and request for feedback, this time for improvements to editing forms! This is a part of our Q3 OpenTEAM ACTION funding, more details here . Hopefully these features can make creating and editing Assets + …

---

## [Add setup page to farmOS core](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/add-setup-page-to-farmos-core/1712)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@paul121](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/paul121)\
**Replies:** 9\
**Last updated:** [September 20, 2023, 12:12pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/add-setup-page-to-farmos-core/1712 "2023-09-20T12:12:33Z")

</div>

Background As a part of the work I am doing with @gbathree @AmberS and Mo I am exploring adding a new “Setup” page & menu to farmOS. This would directly support at least two of the projects we are building modules for: P…

---

## [UI improvements - condensing space](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/ui-improvements-condensing-space/1732)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@paul121](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/paul121)\
**Replies:** 9\
**Last updated:** [August 29, 2023, 6:36pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/ui-improvements-condensing-space/1732 "2023-08-29T18:36:06Z")

</div>

Just want to quickly share an update and request feedback on some general UI improvements I have been working on. This is a part of our Q3 OpenTEAM ACTION funding, more details here. These changes are focused on improve…

---

## [Asset Link Test](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/asset-link-test/1659)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@walt](https://farmos.discourse.group/u/walt)\
**Replies:** 23\
**Last updated:** [May 31, 2023, 1:39pm UTC](https://farmos.discourse.group/t/asset-link-test/1659 "2023-05-31T13:39:35Z")

</div>

As advised by @mstenta , i’m initiating this thread to engage developer @Symbioquine and other testers of the Asset Link PWA -test instance of which is now being hosted at https://asset-link-test.farmos.net (thanks Mike …

[Next page](https://farmos.discourse.group/tag/feature-request/1.md?match_all_tags=true&page=1&tags%5B%5D=feature-request)
