farmOS 2.1.0 has been released

farmOS 2.1.0 has been released.

This is the first minor release of the farmOS 2.x branch, following semantic versioning. This means new functionality is added in a backwards compatible manner.

farmOS 2.1.0 adds two quick forms that were present in farmOS 1.x. The Birth quick form makes it easy to record animal births, by creating the birth log and children animal assets all in one step. The Movement quick form (formerly the Animal Movement quick form in 1.x) makes it easy to record the movement of assets to a new location, with the option of customizing their geometry at the same time.

In editable maps, it is now possible to paste WKT into the textarea below the map and the map geometry will be automatically updated.

This release also moves the “View”, “Edit”, and “Revisions” links on assets, logs, plans, and taxonomy terms from primary tabs to secondary tabs, to create a better separation from the other primary tabs.

For the full release notes, see CHANGELOG.md.

4 Likes

This update is a huge improvement to my workflows., Thank you so much to all who have worked on this!

1 Like

Glad to hear it @BOTLFarm! Always great to get feedback like this! Was it one/both of the quick forms that helped? :slight_smile:

Both quick forms are super useful to me. When farrowing and trying to record 14 new piglets at a time and the birth records gets very reparative.

With the movement quick form I really like the ability to see where the animals are and where they are headed. With 50+ paddocks and sometimes multiple moves a day this helps make sure I’m refer to the right animals in the right paddocks and if I set up a temporary fence this makes it much easier to modify the shape of the paddocks as needed.

:+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Great work @mstenta
I’m evaluating/trying out farmOS in various environments.

1. Docker on Mac Intel
    Runs but cannot get the map layers working

2. Docker on Mac M1 Pro
    Fails to run
    docker run --rm -p 80:80 -v “${PWD}/sites:/opt/drupal/web/sites” farmos/farmos:latest

WARNING: The requested image’s platform (linux/amd64) does not match the detected host platform (linux/arm64/v8) and no specific platform was requested
exec /usr/local/bin/docker-entrypoint.sh: exec format error

1. Shared hosting, install via CPanel
    Runs but cannot get GEOS module installed. Host refused to provide it. Any workaround that?
2 Likes
  1. You need a mapbox API key for map layers.

2. The issue is an Arm processor in the Mac. You need to build Arm docker image manually, I’ll be building some later for Raspberry Pi could be interesting to see if that image runs on Mac.

1 Like
  1. Done and its working now with API, realized I had to extend in order to get Mapbox available under http://localhost/farm/settings/map
  2. That would be great if I can pull the image once you got it pushed :slight_smile:

Thanks @Farmer-Ed Eddie

2 Likes

Try this one @greenstack, No idea if it will run on Mac ARM but I’m sure @mstenta may be interested to know too as ARM images are planned.

farmered/farmos:2.1.0

https://hub.docker.com/r/farmered/farmos

1 Like

:100:
docker run --rm -p 80:80 -v “${PWD}/sites:/opt/drupal/web/sites” farmered/farmos:2.1.0

farmOS sites directory not detected. Copying from pre-built files in the Docker image.

Attempting: apache2-foreground

[Sat May 20 20:30:46.494953 2023] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1] AH00163: Apache/2.4.54 (Debian) configured – resuming normal operations

Running on Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS (ARM)

Proceeding to setup… fingers crossed

Many thanks @Farmer-Ed

2 Likes

Oh, great if the one image covers all 64bit ARM processors, there was some speculation that the Raspberry processors and Mac could be significantly different, presumably other ARM PC’s will be the same then too.

1 Like

Seems these are unrelated to ARM architecture but more around docker configs. @Farmer-Ed @mstenta

docker ps 
CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                       COMMAND                  CREATED          STATUS                   PORTS                               NAMES
5db8d7806c71   farmered/farmos:2.1.0       "docker-entrypoint.s…"   2 minutes ago    Up 2 minutes             0.0.0.0:80->80/tcp, :::80->80/tcp   ecstatic_chaplygin
9b0affbcdb35   mysql/mysql-server:latest   "/entrypoint.sh mysq…"   23 minutes ago   Up 3 minutes (healthy)   3306/tcp, 33060-33061/tcp           mysql

MySQL running

bash-4.4# mysql -ufarm -p
Enter password: 
Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 12
Server version: 8.0.32 MySQL Community Server - GPL

Copyright (c) 2000, 2023, Oracle and/or its affiliates.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

mysql> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| farm               |
| information_schema |
| performance_schema |
+--------------------+
3 rows in set (0.02 sec)

mysql> use farm;
Database changed
mysql> show tables;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

2 Likes

Well that is a docker issue as the database and farmOS are in different containers.
You’ll need to enter the host address for the database under advanced options.

localhost or 127.0.0.1 won’t work as it will only direct to the farmOS containers own internal docker address.

172.17.0.1 should work as it is the Docker-host/Bridge address.
Or if you use docker-compose you can just use the hostnames.

If you need more help getting this going maybe we should move to a new thread and leave this one to discuss the new release.

2 Likes