farmOS 3.1.0 has been released

farmOS 3.1.0 has been released.

For the full release notes, see CHANGELOG.md.

1 Like

FYI I found a bug with upgrades from v2.2.2 to v3.1.0: Error upgrading from 2.2.2 to 3.1.0: The "entity:kml_action:asset" plugin does not exist · Issue #789 · farmOS/farmOS · GitHub

I will try to figure out how to fix that, but in the meantime if you are upgrading from v2.2.2, you may run into this issue.

The workaround is to upgrade from v2.2.2 to v3.0.1, and then upgrade from v3.0.1 to v3.1.0. I’ve tested that upgrade and it works.

Update: The workaround is to uninstall the farm_update module BEFORE upgrading from v2.x to v3.1.x+. It can be reinstalled after the upgrade.

Update 2: I’ve upgraded a few more instances that were NOT impacted by this bug… so I’m not sure how prevalent it is. It only happened on one so far. Maybe it’s not going to affect others after all… still better safe than sorry and it’s easy to uninstall farm_update and reinstall it after upgrading.

And just a reminder: this does NOT affect upgrades from v3.0.x to v3.1.0 (as far as I know). Only upgrades from v2.

Update 3: I don’t think this is an issue after all. I’ve been upgrading lots of instances, and it only happened on the first one. I don’t know why, but it doesn’t seem to be an issue anywhere else, so I closed that GitHub bug report.

:person_shrugging:

1 Like