Filtering API by category

How do I, if possible, filter my activity logs by category?

bilde

log/activity?filter[category]=71
71 is my drupal inernal id for the category

2 Likes

You can use: /api/log/activity?filter[category.name]=Animals to filter by the name of the category.

3 Likes

This has a lot of examples: Filtering | JSON:API module | Drupal Wiki guide on Drupal.org

2 Likes

Perfect. Thanks

1 Like

filter[category.drupal_internal__id]=71 if you have the ID!

2 Likes

I knew there was a way for that too… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to learn more about filters, but I seem to miss something.

I would say this is correct filter for between dates, but all I get is “Allowed conjunctions: AND, OR.”

msg.payload =
    "filter[filtergroup][group][conjuction]=AND"+

"filter[today][condition][path]=timestamp&" +
    "filter[today][condition][operator]=%3E&"+
    "filter[today][condition][value]=" + unixTimestamp + "&"+
    "filter[today][condition][memberof]=filtergroup&"+

"filter[tomorrow][condition][path]=timestamp&" +
    "filter[tomorrow][condition][operator]=%3C&" +
    "filter[tomorrow][condition][value]=" + (unixTimestamp+84000) + "&"+
    "filter[tomorrow][condition][memberof]=filtergroup";

1 Like

Hmm the only little thing I notice is that your example uses memberof but the Drupal.org example uses memberOf (capital “O”). Does that make a difference?

1 Like

Nah… Then I get “You must provide a valid filter condition. Check that you have set the required keys for your filter.” (Error 500)

1 Like

Have you tried testing these filters in the browser address bar, or only in Node Red? It may be worth getting it working in the browser as a baseline first, just to be sure there isn’t anything weird going on (formatting, escaping, or otherwise). I don’t expect there would be, but probably better to start simple.

Oh wait are you missing an & after the AND?

AH! I found the issue… you spelled conjunction wrong. :slight_smile:

This appears to work in the browser address bar: ?filter[filtergroup][group][conjunction]=AND&filter[today][condition][path]=timestamp&filter[today][condition][operator]=%3E&filter[today][condition][value]=1672835969&filter[today][condition][memberOf]=filtergroup&filter[tomorrow][condition][path]=timestamp&filter[tomorrow][condition][operator]=%3C&filter[tomorrow][condition][value]=1672922369&filter[tomorrow][condition][memberOf]=filtergroup

2 Likes

Ahh… it’s always in the details. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hmm… if I run this filter in the browser, it doesn’t filter anything.
How is that possible? Filters has worked there before.

It works now from Node-Red at least.

Actually, it would be a nice feature if the filter in farmOS could generate such filters.
I tried that at first, but that only works for the table view.

1 Like

Ah… by “this works” I meant “this doesn’t error”. I didn’t actually examine the results. Maybe my timestamps were wrong or something. As long as it’s working in Node Red now that’s what matters. :+1:

Yea those are two different systems. Views (which we defined) vs JSON:API (which comes “out of the box”). No relation, I’m afraid.

1 Like

Yes indeed. But I run filters in url sometimes. And now it seems not working.

logs/activity?filter[status]=pending
Works on the API, but not in the log view.

It’s not critical.

Ah sorry I should have been more specific… that query string I pasted above “works” when you tack it onto the end of an API endpoint (eg: /api/log/activity). It does NOT work if you tack it onto the end of the UI path /logs/activity.

Yea those are two different systems. Views (which we defined) vs JSON:API (which comes “out of the box”). No relation, I’m afraid.

Ah… thanks for clarifying

1 Like

Hey I’ve been trying to learn API filtering too and thought this was a good spot for this question.
I am having issues when filtering for log categories that don’t have parents or have as the parent.

“/api/taxonomy_term/log_category?filter[parent.name][value]=Admin%20Work”
Works as expected to gives me all categories with the parent Admin Work but I am trying to filter for all Parent categories.

I would expect “/api/taxonomy_term/log_category?filter[parent.id][value]=virtual” to work but I get no results or errors.

Anyone have any thoughts?

3 Likes