Interest in an ongoing programming/development call?

Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Next dev call: 6/3 at 12pm EST! We have some farmOS-map stuff to discuss and of course any other questions are welcome!

3 Likes

Ah! Keep missing these, are these starting to fit into a regular schedule now?

1 Like

No, not really a regular schedule… sorta going as someone has questions and a that time works for them. Wish we could put these on a calendar and plan it better?!

1 Like

Just wanted to make note of something that came up on the monthly call today: @walt brought up the topic of organizing his land records/geometries in PostGIS, and how he is able to filter by “land use” (among other things) outside of farmOS - and that he’d love to have similar functionality in farmOS. I suggested that we could do a development call (ideally after I set him up with a 2.x testing instance) with a goal of creating a simple custom module that adds a “Land use” field to Land assets, for him to play with. This would be a nice simple thing we could do together, which might spur some good discussion and ideas.

@Symbioquine suggested we tentatively schedule it for early July, to nail down a date. We could potentially do it sooner, if I get the alpha migration instances set up sooner.

3 Likes

Is this happening today? If so, what time works for folks?

2 Likes

Some question 2 weeks later :slight_smile:

Maybe there’s a way to make the scheduling of these a bit more concrete so folks can plan around attending regularly if they want to?

2 Likes

Hey, I can’t do today myself. I think our rough plan was to do this offset from the monthly call week. But maybe a weekly call could be possible… I would certainly like to think I could make it to a weekly call!

But yes yes, eager to find something more concrete… but also flexible so anyone could schedule a time if they were motivated to initiate a call! I don’t imagine Drupal groups will be our best option :smiley: I was excited about this Discourse event plugin, but it’s only available on an expensive ($100+ I think) tier of the hosted plan. Any ideas?

1 Like

I’d like a weekly call too. Morning or evening (PST) would work best for me, but I’m pretty flexible about the timing.

I don’t have particular ideas about keeping track of the time/attendees, but my vote would be keeping it as simple as possible.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t hurt to have a weekly call link - like we have for the monthly call on the website. If it’s a standard day+time each week then we don’t need a fancy event management system. :slight_smile:

Morning or evening (PST) would work best for me, but I’m pretty flexible about the timing.

Morning PST is my preference, since that’s mid-day Eastern time. I’ll be much less able to attend evenings.

1 Like

Great, let’s try for a Thursday 9AM PST weekly call! Meeting in our Jitsi room: https://meet.jit.si/farmos-dev

Next call on: 2021-07-22T16:00:00Z

2 Likes

As discussed, next week we’re going to walk through some of my outstanding farmOS pull requests as one of the agenda items for this call.

2 Likes

Looking forward to it @Symbioquine !

1 Like

Sadly, I can’t make the call tomorrow - I’m expecting an important delivery that I need to be at the farm for.

1 Like

Hoping to join tomorrow!

@paul121 suggested I could demo some of the stuff I’ve been working on with farmOS.js, since it has potential to work on both clients and servers, and for 2.0 can handle data processing and validation too.

2 Likes