Platfrom for market

Can we use this FarmOs platform to connect suppliers ( farmers) and buyers ( end user/ consumer). One of the pain point of the farmer is to get right price for the agricultural products they are selling.

For example if I grow fish and say I have 500 KG to sell, then it is easy to for me to find a market locally with reasonable price. Now I planning to increase the production to 5000 KG. As a farmer I have lot of problem in finding end user consumers to sell this much quantity. There comes the middlemen, who basically takes the products with unreasonable price(In my case I have a limit to hold on 5000KG fish in pond).

Basically my question : Is there any plan to build platform / existing platform which will help farmers to get directly connected to consumers. I am sure there may be 1000 parameters has to be considered, including regulatory requirements from governments.

Welcome @Sanju! Great question. This thread might be of interest to you: eCommerce integration

The short answer is: this is certainly one of our long-term goals with farmOS. We are building up the data architecture to be able to track production from raw materials to inventory, as well as a robust API for accessing that data from other third-party systems. We have some work to do, but welcome help and contributions!

Thank you Mike, I can offer help, let me know

1 Like