Selected areas box automatically

I have 3 questions.

1-When we draw polygon on the map, can the relevant area be selected automatically in the area box?

2-Can a filter be added to areas box?

3-Can it show its id when clicked on the points here like on the dashboard screen? So can we add a link?

1 Like

When I put the areas on the map into the polygon, I want the areas I selected to be automatically marked in the areas box. Is this possible?
How can i solve this problem?

1 Like

These would all be great features, I agree @compact2!

We are rebuilding the way that area references work in the farmOS 2.x branch right now, so we will need to wait for that, but Iā€™d love to hear what other people think in the meantime!

1-When we draw polygon on the map, can the relevant area be selected automatically in the area box?

We have talked about the idea of allowing you to select a point/polygon on a map and see ā€œwhat is currently hereā€ - so this is very related to that idea, and auto-selecting areas would be a great use-case for that feature. We would probably want it to be a choice, however, with a button that the user clicks ā€œSelect areas that are in this geometryā€ or something like that.

2-Can a filter be added to areas box?

Yes - area selection will work more like asset selection in 2.x, including the ability to filter the list, so this should be covered.

3-Can it show its id when clicked on the points here like on the dashboard screen? So can we add a link?

This is worth considering too. Itā€™s not hard to add the same popups to other maps - the tricky part may just be disabling the popup when you are in ā€œedit modeā€.

then we will not find a solution to these 3 items for now. Is the release date of farmOS 2.x certain?

[image]

1 Like

Is the release date of farmOS 2.x certain?

Not certain, and no guarantees, but we are working hard and aiming for this coming Spring for a beta release.