Work Proposal: Scaffold a new Gatsby site for farmOS.org & 2.x docs

Ok, so as I promised @mstenta yesterday, here are the next steps I’d like to take to fulfill the scope of this proposal:

1. Knock out the “Must-haves” (and add commits to PR #456 where applicable).
  2. Rename my repo from jgaehring/farmos.org-2.x to jgaehring/docs.farmOS.org.
  3. Transfer my repo to the farmOS GitHub organization.
  4. Set up a farmOS Netlify acct.
  5. Add Netlify webhook tokens to the farmOS organization secrets.
  6. Merge PR #456, which I believe should trigger the first full build. :crossed_fingers:

The only thing after that is to set up the domain registry for docs.farmos.org to use the Netlify host, but we can hold off on that for as long as we wish. The build can just live at the Netlify domain while we test it out, with the Mkdocs build still working as usual on docs.farmos.org. Then, when we’re happy with how everything is working, we can flip the switch.

With regards to step #2, this is intended to distinguish it from the farmOS/farmOS.org repo, at least for the time being. I’m very open to other suggestions, but this seemed to make sense given the domain this will first be deployed to is docs.farmos.org. @mstenta has suggested we merge the two repos and just use separate branches, which would obviate the need for this, in order to preserve the git history while also maintaining continuity. I still think that would be great, but I’d like to wait a little longer to do that. At the very least, I don’t think I can merge them prior to transferring my repo to the farmOS organization and preserve the issues I’ve opened up there. I believe that can only be done with issues in two projects belonging to the same organization. So renaming it for the meantime makes the most sense to me, and then maybe hold off on merging the repos until we know we’re going to start deploying this to farmos.org.

But I think that’s it! Obviously, there’s lots more we can and will do, particularly when we get to the rebranding stage, but I think for the basic scaffolding phase, we should be set. I should have the “must-haves” done by the weekend if not sooner, so perhaps we can get started on transferring the repo sometime next week.