Ajax error when importing KML file from Google Earth

Hi All,
I have created a google earth project with boundaries for our farm and gardens and am trying to import the KML file into the “Area Importer” on our FarmOS page. I have followed the instructions for exporting the KML file from Google Earth and am pasting the full KML text into the area importing field and am getting this error back (word for word) when pressing the “Parse” Button:

meadowsongfarm.farmos.net says
An Ajax HTTP error occurred.
Debugging information follows.
Path: /system/ajax
StatusText: Service unavailable (with message)
ResponseText:

Can someone help me with this? I am really hoping to be able to import the work being done by myself and others on Google Earth in creating the areas in farm OS.

1 Like

Hi @MeadowSingers - The Bulk Area Importer is still considered “beta” and may not work with all KML. Let’s open a bug report in GitHub and continue the process of debugging together over there. Do you mind getting that started? If you can include the actual KML that is causing the issue, that would help immensely (although I understand if you want to keep that private - perhaps we can arrange to email it to me). Exporting a single area and testing that by itself is also worth doing. The more we can isolate the easier it will be to find the issue.

Here is where you can open a new bug report: https://github.com/farmOS/farmOS/issues

Thanks for reporting!