CSV Importers in v2.x

You’re absolutely right. And most farmers sniffing at FarmOS and open source are maybe more interested spending time to learn stuff. At least I do :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Or have a budget to pay a third party developer to build a few tools or modules to work with farmOS, plenty of freelance developers out there willing to do small jobs and I’m sure a few farmOS users do just that. Personally I prefer chipping away at it myself (as dose the budget of my little farm).

4 Likes

Cross-reference: Share your JupyterLite Examples - #2 by Symbioquine

2 Likes

Hi all. Sorry for the long silence, intense period

Fully agree with the 2 need you identified @walt (user-friendly facility + accessible way to get customized templates).

I’ve never used SurveyStack yet @gbathree, but will def look at it if there is a way to connect a farmOS account to a user and push data from a survey to fields or plantings, as you said.
I’d love to learn how to do that, through a video and/or some direct tutoring if you’re OK to help (we’re hosted by Farmier and I have never used a API yet, but would love to learn!)

2 Likes

Update: farmOS v2.2.0 will include CSV importers!

I forgot to add a comment here to let you all know I was working on this - sorry about that! I’ve been showing progress on the dev calls, and we just got the pull request all reviewed and approved: https://github.com/farmOS/farmOS/pull/722 - I will be merging it soon, along with a bunch of other 2.2.x PRs, and will release 2.2.0 soon (hopefully today, but early next week at the latest).

I will start a new forum topic with an overview that we can use for specific implementation discussion and follow-up brainstorming. Stay tuned!

2 Likes