Exporting field polygons

Hi all
I need to export field polygons from several farms to view them all toghether in a map. Is there a way to export the field polygons of each farm from farmOS?
Thanks

1 Like

One approach is to go to the list of assets - in your case probably /assets/land (e.g. https://example.farm/assets/land) - and select the assets you care about, then at the bottom there should be a drop-down for “Action”. Select “Export KML” - the resulting file can be viewed in many external mapping programs/sites.

In some cases you can also just filter the list of assets and use the built-in map at the top to see the result of the filtering, but that will only work if it is practical to come up with filter terms that work to produce the set of fields you care about.

2 Likes

+1 to @Symbioquine’s suggestion!

Note that you may need to turn on the “farmOS Export KML” module for that option to appear in the dropdown.

2 Likes

thanks for the quick answers
how I can enable “farmOS Export KML”?

1 Like

Go to Setup > Modules and you will see it in the list.

I can only see Taxonomy in the setup…
it is a farm hosted in Farmier and I’m accessing via SurveyStack

Oh OK. Only logins with the “Account Admin” role can enable modules. If the instance belongs to you then you should log in as your username (not through SurveyStack), and your user should have that role. If it was created for you then you will need to request that the Account Admin enable the module for you.

2 Likes