Geometry default value in logs

How can I make the relevant point selected on the map in the location section when we click on the log records with the action link?

[image]

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure I understand @compact2 - can you elaborate a bit on what you are trying to accomplish? Some more context would help.

If we go to log record from a field for example (farm/area/225), the relevant area is selected in the areas box.

Could the coordinate of the relevant area come in the geometry section on the map?

[image]

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification! I see what you are asking now. :slight_smile:

So actually, if you leave a logā€™s geometry blank, and it references an area, when you save it the geometry will be copied from the area to the log. Thatā€™s not exactly what you were asking for (because it happens automatically after saving the log - not in the log form itself dynamically when areas are being selected).

I could certainly see moving the logic to the frontend form, though, so that you can see it happening. Would that be helpful? Or is ā€œon saveā€ enough for your purposes?

Yes, it comes automatically when I save. I did not pay attention. Well, can that coordinate come either when the first screen opens or before saving?

[image]

1 Like

Yes I think itā€™s worth considering adding that functionality. Ideally it would work via JavaScript, and automatically update as you changed the areas selected.

For now, I guess we will not be able to add this feature.

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome to give it a try @compact2! But it will probably make sense to wait until 2.x as well - since the JavaScript would need to be refactored at that point anyway.