Help needed for adding modules when hosted by farmier

Thanks Sir
I dont see the Mushrooms module. Are the dev team for that module working on a version two? we have a large mushroom growing facility being built, so I really hope so.
Thanks again Middle world farms

I can enable the Mushroom module too, if you’d like. There will most likely be a 2.x version available in the near future. I got the ball rolling myself, but there are a few things todo: https://www.drupal.org/project/farm_fungi/issues/3191087

I use the module myself, and @shane_aldrich is also interested and is starting to experiment with extending it. But there is no funded development taking place - all volunteer - so no ETA on anything. Help is welcome! Or if you’re interested in sponsoring development feel free to message me!

Hope all is well. I’m slowly getting the hang of FarmOS! Would you be able to add Farm Nutrient, Egg and Produce Safety to my account? Thanks!

1 Like

Sure thing @kyle ! I enabled the Egg module.

I’m advising against enabling some of the other modules at this point (including Nutrient and Produce Safety), because they don’t have a version available for farmOS 2.x yet, which would prevent you from being able to upgrade when the time comes (soon!!)

Here is a list of the community modules and their upgrade status, if you’re interested: https://www.drupal.org/project/farm/issues/3151247

FWIW in farmOS 2.x you’ll be able to enable modules yourself on Farmier!

Gotcha! Thanks for the information!

Kyle Holton
Honey Rock Landing

Email: kyle@honeyrocklanding.com
Phone: 501.701.8130
2444 Dominguez Canyon Rd
Delta, CO 81416
www.honeyrocklanding.com

1 Like

@mstenta Any idea on when the Produce Safety module will be completed?

2 Likes

Hi @kyle - the first version of that module (for farmOS v1) was sponsored by the University of Vermont and the Vermont Veg and Berry Grower’s Association. The grant that supported that is no longer active, and I haven’t heard anything about plans to upgrade it to version 2. So it’s just waiting for someone to shine some light on it. :slight_smile:

Wish I had a flashlight:)

1 Like

I plan to set up our necessary documentation and logs for Produce Safety into FarmOS on my own. I will categorize all logs with a category I have created. However, is there an easy way to add Log Types so that I can also group logs types according to options like Training, Worker Health, etc? I don’t have the know-how to put everything in a tab, etc but a way to add log types would be a helpful option.

New log types would be ideal for those, but it does require a module to do so. In the meantime, you could certainly capture all the information you need in the Notes field of an Activity/Observation log with a dedicated log category for Training/Worker Health. Less ideal, but it would get the data in there, which is the most important part. Then you would just need to follow your own SOP/convention to make sure you capture everything you need. One way to do that is to create a “template” log, with a bunch of placeholders in the Notes field. Then you can “Clone” that log to create a new one whenever you need to. Just an idea…

Just an idea:
Given the dashboard was more flexible one could flag logs as “Template” and view those on the dashboard. Then create a copy from there.

2 Likes

I’ve seen folks set up template logs with a date 20 years in the future so they always show up in the dashboard under “Upcoming tasks”. :slight_smile:

Bit of a hack, but a clever one!

3 Likes