Using farmOS for factory production/managment

As i want to create new module totally different for farm modules…

can possible to create module of production management module in this farmos code

@polaiah102 I’m not sure I understand what you are trying to do. Can you please elaborate a bit more?

Can we change it to factory module instead of farm module in the same open source? Example: factory assets ,logs and people and fields accordingly

Ah I see. Yes! You are free to use farmOS outside of the farming context! I tried to design it from the beginning to be generalizable, although that hasn’t been a priority/requirement, so there may still be some farming-specific pieces in the generic modules too. You will have to see. You can disable all the existing asset and log types and provide your own in custom modules.

Obviously this is a very experimental use-case, so you will need to learn the ins and outs of farmOS and Drupal. Our primary focus is on the farming use-cases, but I would love to see farmOS get used for other things as well! It is a relatively flexibly data model for record keeping!

So please let me know which folders of farm should be changed while creating a new module using farmos?

Never change any files in the farmOS codebase directly (the web/profiles/farm directory).

Instead, you will create your own custom modules that live in their own Git repository. I would recommend following the pattern that is described here:

You will notice that it describes where to put custom modules:

And if you need to understand the basics of creating modules see:

(Ignore the “Modules directory” recommendation at the top of that page, and follow the “Building farmOS with Composer” guide’s recommendation for module location instead.)

All of this is not farmOS-specific. The same is true of any Drupal-based project. So I would also recommend familiarizing yourself with Drupal. farmOS is an “installation profile” (also known as a “distribution”) of Drupal. In the same way that Ubuntu or Debian is a “flavor” of Linux, distributions of Drupal are just a layer on top of Drupal that add their own modules and configuration for a specific purpose. In this case: farm record keeping.

Hope that helps!