Organic inventory verification

New to FarmOS and i’m fiddling around to see if I would use it for work… A little hard to see how I should set it up.

I have to verify and document that new inputs are organic. How should this be done?

Hi @pat welcome to the farmOS forum! Good question…

In farmOS v1 (current version), there is an “Organic” module that can be installed which adds an “Organic” flag that can be applied to various records (areas, assets, and logs) to help indicate which are/aren’t organic. This is also helpful for filtering records that have the flag.

If you are hosting on Farmier, send me a private message with your farmOS URL and I can enable the Organic module on your farmOS for you. If you are self-hosting, you can download the module from here: GitHub - farmOS/farm_organic: Provides flags for marking records as "Organic" and "Not Organic" in farmOS.

The best way to document organic inputs in farmOS v1 is to apply the flag to your Input Logs (events that you record when inputs are applied to Areas or Planting Assets).

In farmOS v2 (beta release coming very soon!) there are some additional options if you want to get more granular. We’ve added a “Material” asset type, as well as a “Seed” asset type, which can be used to track your current material/input/seed inventories, which can then be referenced/adjusted when/where they are used via your Input logs. The Organic module is also available for v2, and works the same as it does in v1 - allowing the “Organic” flag to be applied to any Log type (eg: Inputs) as well as any Asset type (eg: Material, Seed, Plan, Land, etc).

Farmier will begin offering farmOS v2 hosting soon after the first v2 beta release - so stay tuned!

Hope that helps to clarify best practice. :slight_smile:

Ok. Thanks for quick answer.
I will PM you.

1 Like