Pest Control as Animal Asset in FarmOS

Thanks for sharing these ideas @Ido! They strike me as very similar to the “Weed management” thoughts over here: Development of a Weed Management farmOS module?

It’s an interesting idea to use Planting/Animal assets to track pests! It does allow you to manage them at a higher level that way. And I agree it is not perfect.

Regarding the two specific issues you brought up:

when later filtering, the Logs that were attached to both Planting Asset and Animal Asset are doubled. i think its because of the quantity units that are doubled because of double connection to 2 assets.(in the Logs list, the Log is shown twice with the same ID) is this a bug? or its something usual?

This sounds like a bug, and similar to one that has come up before with duplicates appearing in lists. This happens with certain SQL queries, so we can probably figure it out. Can you please open a new GitHub issue for this specifically, and describe exactly where you are seeing it and how to replicate?

attaching an extra assets each Observation Log is not so good. can this be automated ? allso an Input log for spraing needs to attach for these 2 assets.

Agreed, the process of adding assets to an existing log is rather tedious right now. I’m open to ideas on how to improve that!

Possible future Pest Control Module?

Perhaps! If you’d like to take the lead on that, please do! That’s the beauty of a modular system: you can experiment! This forum thread could be a good place to brainstorm ideas.

Curious to hear what others think too!