Add Log Error: ServiceNotFoundException ... token.module_provider

Hello!
I continue my path of never upgrading without fail.
I upgraded to 3.2.1 and everything seemed fine, until I realised that adding logs result in this error:

Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\ServiceNotFoundException: You have requested a non-existent service "token.module_provider". Did you mean this: "router.route_provider"? in Drupal\Component\DependencyInjection\Container->get() (line 157 of core/lib/Drupal/Component/DependencyInjection/Container.php).```

Anyone else that encountered this or know why? I unfortunately don't have any ideas. 
For now, the site is ultimately just read only.

Upgrade process: Same as always.
wget the tarball, backup installation, live unpack it over the installation (except for web/sites dir), run composer up twice in a row.

Thanks
Hope there's someone else that mayhave seen and solved this already.

drush entity:updates -y this command solved most of this errors for me. i think before apply this comman you need to install drupal devel.

1 Like

Thank you @aathi179
I will give that a go.
Personally a little confused as to why this would fix, as I have never even had to use drush before. :thinking:

Edit, some time later:

Command "entity:updates" is not defined.

Did you mean one of these?
      entity-create
      entity-delete
      entity-save
      entity:create
      entity:delete
      entity:save
      locale:update
      y:update:key
      y:update:value
      yaml:update:key
      yaml:update:value

@marlonv Just to be sure, are you running database updates and rebuilding caches after every update?

drush updb
drush cr

This might help in some cases… but ideally you shouldn’t have to use that tool. If there’s an issue with updates, then we should fix it so that users don’t need a development tool to fix it.

1 Like

Hi Mike
I have never done those, or used drush until today.
I guess I missed that part in the update documentation :confused: — will give it a try now.

EDIT: it works now. Many thanks. Apologies for not knowing about this.

1 Like

Oh good - yes running database updates and rebuilding the cache is very important after every update. This is how the code can make necessary changes/updates to the database to make it compatible.

1 Like