Calendar filters - chronological overviews

Just an idea I want to scribble down.
If you could filter logs in the calendar for a specific planting that is in the assets, you would get a nice chronological overview of that planting. I would use it a lot for quick evaluating a certain planting and its events.
Other option, if you go to a planting page, you see logs sorted by type, not so intuitive if you want to get a sense of the timestamps of different events of a planting cycle.

1 Like

I love these ideas @kareldew!

Other option, if you go to a planting page, you see logs sorted by type, not so intuitive if you want to get a sense of the timestamps of different events of a planting cycle.

One thing Iā€™ve been thinking about is an ā€œasset timelineā€ visualization that can appear at the top of asset pages, which shows quickly all the logs that are associated with them in chronological order on a horizontal line, which you could click on to see more info about each.

This asset timeline could also include things like weather icons that indicate when it rained (and/or when you recorded a precipitation even with the Weather quick form).

It would work great for a quick-glance overview of the lifecycle of all kinds of assets (plantings, animals, equipment, etc).

1 Like

I created a feature request: Asset timeline visualization Ā· Issue #308 Ā· farmOS/farmOS Ā· GitHub

This feels like it would have a lot of overlap with the visualization ideas we have in the crop planning, grazing planning, etc initiatives. Perhaps we can go about this in a generalized way, which would allow the same code to be used in both individual asset pages as well as in plan overview pages.