Day view of calendar doesn't display any tasks

Copy that. I guess there are other ways to view the tasks through filtering logs. I would vote for a calendar UI within the app because our farmOS calendar will be our “these tasks have to happen for anything to work, it’s non-negotiable” calendar and we just want to stay within one system for that. My personal calendar is cluttered enough. Also data privacy is a concern.

I quite like the calendar as it is, at least from what I can tell from only the monthly view working at the moment. I think it would always be more powerful within farmOS because it can utilize data throughout farmOS. What if you’re using an external calendar to complete a planting task and you need more details to carry it out? If it’s within farmOS, you can just click into the asset to see everything you need (like plant spacing and equipment to use).

Also, you can use the filter to view a number of different calendars and it shows a check mark next to tasks that are done. For example, we’re planting, we filter for a planting calendar and focus on that. I suppose filtering logs sort of achieves the same functions but I personally like to be able to visualize tasks in a calendar with monthly, weekly and day views. And imagine if you could drag tasks around the calendar and they would reschedule automatically in farmOS! :drooling_face:

As far as debugging and a patch, I don’t even know what that means let alone where to begin :sweat_smile: (although I like the idea of learning how to code a bit to contribute to farmOS and to modify it to perfectly suit our needs)

But maybe my best way to contribute is to make videos and blog posts showing other farmers how to set it up and use it in different contexts.

3 Likes