Finding the name of the saplings in the area drawn

When I draw the area as in the picture, it gives the linestring coordinates in the geometry part.
There are coordinates of the red points I drew in the database.
Can I print what fields (names) these are in a field box?

I’m a bit confused (also trying to take into account your other recent questions, and maybe I’m still misunderstanding how you have things organized in your farmOS)… and I don’t understand what I’m looking at in this screenshot. Is this a default installation of farmOS? Or have you made modifications to the way things work?

What is confusing to me is that the map contains geometries with different colors AND it has the Edit controls enabled. This isn’t possible in default farmOS. When you are editing a single geometry, anything you draw will be in orange, but everything else (other areas) will be outlined in gray.

Is this a photoshopped or otherwise modified image that combines multiple images together outside of farmOS? It would be helpful to know that for me to understand.

Are you asking how to get a list of all the red points that fall within the orange linestring?

If so, how are those points represented in farmOS right now?

If each red point were a single asset record, then each would have a separate name. Then, you could put all of those within a larger polygon to represent a certain area. Then, in Assets > Plantings you would be able to filter down to all assets within that area, which would give you a list of the assets by name that are in that area. I’m not sure if that’s what you’re trying to achieve, but that is how to do it in farmOS.

In fact, as I wrote before, there are 25,000 Plantings on the production land. I could not enter them in assets → Plantings because there is no batch transfer.
hence I have transferred all of them as fields from the kml file.(farm/areas/import) I colored the places that should appear gray on the map according to the irrigation zones. (red, yellow, etc.)
My main goal is to get the Plantings in the area I marked. When I take this and mark it in the areas, the log records appear under the relevant planting or they do not appear. this is my goal.

Each of the red areas has a coordinate and a name.

For example, there are the following saplings in the place I drew in orange, if they can be automatic marked in the areas or I want to select and mark it manually in areas field.
these 2 points

F11006343 → POINT (28.442037555645 38.574903812918)
F11006354 → POINT (28.442133410696 38.57495718032)

this is the coordinate of the area drawn
LINESTRING (28.441760233983068 38.57498476774592,28.442120722940157 38.5748049347701,28.443071726798216 38.57550279182672,28.442735270656556 38.57565578280378,28.442155055019096 38.57553500055465,28.44164693766418 38.575070657933,28.44178769977719 38.57497134745893)

I want to get plantings names inside linestring

Keep in mind @compact2 we get lots of support requests - and while I try to remember everyone’s specific scenarios, I am only human. Also, someone other than myself might be answering your requests in the future. Please consider every forum topic you create as a fresh start, and explain your full context so that anyone coming at it fresh can understand. (And of course remember that we are all volunteering our time.)

there are 25,000 Plantings on the production land. I could not enter them in assets → Plantings because there is no batch transfer.
hence I have transferred all of them as fields from the kml file.(farm/areas/import)

As I said before, I think entering them as areas is going to cause more problems for you, and you won’t get the full benefits of farmOS.

On the bright side, when you update to farmOS 2.x all your areas will be automatically migrated to assets, so you’ll end up in a good place. :slight_smile:

But that doesn’t necessarily help you right now…

My main goal is to get the Plantings in the area I marked.

Since they are currently represented as “Areas” in your farmOS, and not as “Planting Assets”, then your options are a bit more limited.

Your question must therefore be rephrased as: “How do I get a list of Areas within a given geometry?” (because your saplings are represented as Areas, not Plantings).

Two ideas come to mind…

First, if you will always be looking for the same list of saplings (within that same geometry), then you could consider creating another Areas which you make all those sapling areas children of - so they appear under it in the hierarchy. This parent area can have the linestring geometry, if you want, but technically it won’t be required, because you’ll be getting the list of saplings simply by finding child areas of that parent. The only place you’ll be able to see this list, however, is in the Areas page itself, which shows the Area hierarchy.

If, on the other hand, you want to be able to draw an arbitrary geometry at any time and see a list of the sapling areas that fall within it (without saving this geometry at all, and drawing it each time), farmOS does not provide a feature for that yet. But we have talked about a future feature idea that will allow you to draw a polygon on a map and get all assets/logs that are in that polygon. This feature has not been built yet. But it could be what you’re looking for.

So to summarize, you might not be able to do what you want right now. But perhaps in the future… when farmOS 2.x is ready, and when we’ve built the “geometry query” feature I described.