Assigning assets to multiple logs at once, and mapping issues

Hey all,

First Im new here and to farmOS. Thanks to Mike and all who helped develop this wonderful project!

After playing around with farmOS for a few weeks I decided to import all my old logs as I fully convert to using farmOS.

My old logs were not very detailed but I still wanted to preserve the information I had. Basically it was only a date and a sentence or so of information. There was approximately 2000 individual entries and I was able to move them all over simpy in CSV format as activity logs.

Now that they are all there it is fairly easy to search and filter this information. I was wondering if there was a way to assign assets in bulk to these logs.

For example, I can search for the name of one of my animals, it populates with the 30 or so logs that has that name in it. It would be nice at this point to select all the checkboxes and in the operations section at the bottom select an asset to assign to them all at once. It certainly would be a lot faster than to open each log up and attached assets individually. Maybe there is another way to do this I’m not thinking of?

My second question is with not being able to create areas with geopentry. Looks like I have the issue with running PHP 7.2.
This is discussed here www.drupal.org/project/farm/issues/3050754

I’m on a shared hosted site and have no option to change my PHP version at this time. Is there another work around that is known to work for this issue?

For now I have created my areas with a single point and dont use any geometry and it works.

Thanks for your help!.

1 Like

I was able to move them all over simpy in CSV format as activity logs
…
Now that they are all there it is fairly easy to search and filter this information. I was wondering if there was a way to assign assets in bulk to these logs.

Hi Nick - that’s great! Good question about referencing assets from those logs. Unfortunately, there isn’t a built-in tool that would work the way you describe.

But… another idea came to mind…

I can search for the name of one of my animals, it populates with the 30 or so logs that has that name in it.

If the logs include names already, I wonder if it would make sense to delete/re-import your logs via the same CSV, but first go through and fill in the “Asset names” column in the CSV. As long as assets with the same name exist in farmOS, it will match them up and create the references automatically during the CSV import.

My second question is with not being able to create areas with geopentry. Looks like I have the issue with running PHP 7.2.
This is discussed here www.drupal.org/project/farm/issues/3050754
I’m on a shared hosted site and have no option to change my PHP version at this time. Is there another work around that is known to work for this issue?

Hmm I’m not sure. I’m looking at that issue again (it’s been a while), and I don’t think it’s actually a PHP 7.2 issue that was causing that (I updated that issue accordingly). The official farmOS Docker image is now using PHP 7.2, and it’s working with that. So something else must be going on. Are you seeing the same error that was reported?

Error: Call to a member function getY() on null in Polygon->area()

What specific PHP version are you using (7.2.x?). 7.2.24 seems to be working.

Perhaps we can continue the discussion in https://www.drupal.org/project/geophp/issues/3050510

I will give the delete and re-import a try. Thanks!

I am running PHP 7.2.24.

When trying to create the area with a geometry I get the same error you mentioned. If I dont use any geometry and just use a point I can create the area with no issues.

I do not have GEOS installed on the server, but I think I saw you mention somewhere that this is only needed for the bed generator. Maybe I miss remembered that and I do actually need this.

Sorry if I’m not much help on giving more information. I’m not a programer, but not afraid to play with code and figure things out. Just need a bit of direction.

1 Like

I do not have GEOS installed on the server, but I think I saw you mention somewhere that this is only needed for the bed generator.

Hmm this is a good hunch… because the farmOS Docker image does have this installed (with PHP 7.2). I thought GEOS was only needed for the bed generator, but maybe I’m wrong!