If any idea using single harvest quantity to update two or more inventories?

I want to update yearly coconut yield count(around 100 trees), batch wise(means monthly), that tree yield count using single harvest of coconut tree.And another one yearly product count (sale log decremented from here).

now i created these four types as asset.

1. Plant asset - single tree.
  2. Group asset - monthly(batch).
  3. Material asset - yearly.
  4. Product asset - For sales recording.

now i am doing update of four inventory by 4 quantities of single harvest log.

i want to update all four inventory by single quantity. if any idea welcome. thank you.

1 Like

It isn’t currently possible to update multiple inventories with a single inventory adjustment quantity.

I wonder if a different approach would be better for you. It seems that you want to record harvests at the granular level and then generate reports/totals at higher levels, is that correct?

If that’s the case, then this might be more of a “reporting” question than a “recording” question. It’s best to only record data in one place - the most granular place, and then if you want to get summaries at higher levels that should be summarized from the lower-level granular data. Does that make sense? farmOS may not provide built-in ways to do exactly what you want, but with a custom module you can do just about anything. You can query your harvest logs, aggregate/summarize data, and display that somewhere in the UI.

So perhaps you only need to record harvests at the individual tree level, and then display summaries at higher levels.

The inventory tracking features may not be necessary here. Inventory tracking provides some rudimentary reporting out of the box, but it’s only intended to be used in cases where you plan to increment and decrement the inventory over time. If you are just looking for running totals at different levels, then it’s not really designed for that.

If I’m understanding correctly, this is what I would do:

• Create plant assets for individual trees, and a product asset to represent the inventory of your “harvested coconuts”.
  • Record harvest logs that reference the individual plant asset(s) in the log’s asset field, with a single quantity that increments the inventory of the product asset.

This alone will give you the ability to track a) individual tree yields, and b) current product inventory and where it came from (by looking at the logs to trace it back to the individual tree(s)).

That’s all I would do on the “recording” side. Then on the “reporting” side, I would build a custom yield report UI that queries all those granular harvest logs and summarizes them in whatever ways I want. This report could look at the timestamps of the logs to summarize monthly and yearly totals. It could also look at the locations of the trees to provide insights into how different locations/stands of trees compare to one another.

1 Like

Or it could look at the groupings of trees if you need more dynamic cross-sections of reports.

2 Likes