Question about Area action links

Hi all,
I’ve a question about Area action links (buttons). For a particular need, I’m trying to remove the entire action links section in Areas pages. How can i do it? I searched old topics and I know i have to edit the hooks but i don’t know where to find the right one.
Could someone help me?
Thanks in advance

Edit: the image is only an example. I host Farmos myself.

1 Like

Hi @dav9431 - farmOS adds action links vi hook_menu_local_tasks_alter() (many of which are added by farm_ui.module).

You could implement the same hook in your own module to make modifications to the links after farmOS. You may just need to make sure your hook runs after the farm_ui one. See hook_module_implements_alter() for how to do that: https://api.drupal.org/api/drupal/modules!system!system.api.php/function/hook_menu_local_tasks_alter/7.x

Thank you for the tip. I solved the problem commenting line 105 of farm_ui_action_links.inc.

@dav9431 - Glad to hear you figured it out!

Just note: if you made a change to core farmOS code, you need to make sure that persists when you upgrade to a new version. Updates are generally a process of replacing all old code with new version - so any changes you make to it will be lost.

This is the reason to use modules - you can override things in modules and rest assured they will continue to work across upgrades.