Scrolling of the bottom map when zooming in on the map

How can I prevent the map from slipping while zooming in on the farmos map.
(using hand or +, - keys)

1 Like

I’m not sure I know what you mean by “slipping” - can you elaborate?

When zooming in or zooming out on the farmos map, the area remains. The map moves to different places to the right and left.

Of course, this happens when using farmos on a phone or tablet. there is no problem with the computer.

[image]

1 Like

Ah! I think I know what you’re talking about. Are you using Google Satellite layers?

There is a known issue with Google layers. They stop zooming past a certain zoom level, even though the OpenLayers map library allows it to go further.

Take a look at this: added layers are not coordinated with google map · Issue #216 · mapgears/ol3-google-maps · GitHub

I uploaded an animated gif to that issue which shows it happening. Is this the same thing you’re experiencing?

There isn’t a great solution to this, unfortunately. It’s an issue with Google Maps layers specifically (described in that issue). The best thing you can do is understand it and try to avoid “over-zooming” before you draw. You may have to redraw your geometry. You will notice as you click the “+” zoom icon, it will reach a point where clicking it does not change the satellite imagery anymore. Make sure you do not go past that point before drawing.

Alternatively, use Mapbox Satellite instead. It does not have this issue.