Competitor Features Worth Considering

What feature do you wish FarmOS had? This is the place to share them!

Let’s get this conversation going!

3 Likes
https://cog-pro.com/index.html

Go take a look. I really like their simple but effective interface.

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

It’s great to hear what others find useful in other software - thanks for sharing @Karson!

On our last development call I mentioned that I would love to see a more feature-rich “Organic” module for farmOS, as well as a “GAP” module. There could even be sub-modules or variants for specific jurisdicitons (eg: “USDA Organic” vs the many other incarnations of requirements). This seems to be one of the biggest challenges - and opportunities! COG Pro and others do one thing and do it well. I’d love to see similar targeted solutions built as add-on modules for farmOS. :slight_smile:

It would also be neat to see a “feature matrix” of other software products, along with the ability for users to “vote” by indicating which features they actually use and find valuable. We don’t need to rebuild everything - just focus on the important bits. And learning from each other what’s “important” is the first step!

3 Likes

Take a look at AgriNote. This is a Norwegian alternative. Created by a farmer and a developer.
It’s been a success. Very easy to learn. Everybody just can start using it.
They have a planting production module that is very powerful, and gives a great overview.

1 Like