First blog posts brainstorm (dev call 2022-06-09)

I didn’t get around do doing a concrete breakdown of the remaining technical tasks to prepare farmos.org for the blog’s source repo, as I planned after today’s dev call. It should be rather minimal, as I mentioned earlier, since a lot of the work is done and just needs to be merged, but I still want to look closer at my working branches to make sure I haven’t missed anything.

That said, I did want to just drop the links to those branches so anyone chomping at the bit to see how it works can check it out. Here’s my fork:

The branch you’ll probably want is the blog branch:

It branches from the site-data, which has the changes that restructure source-repos.js and renames it to site-data.js. I just rebased both onto the current main, so they should be good to work with locally.

The source I’m using for testing is here:

It’s listed in site-data.js as jgaehring/farmOS-community b/c I changed the name on GitHub at some point, but you can use it as is or set up your own source repo to test with if you like.

I think those are all the links. Hopefully I’ll get time tomorrow to assess more accurately what work remains. Once I do so, I’ll open a new proposal for the work with time estimates and a quote. once that’s all worked out I can

The one outstanding issue is how we want to structure Front Matter, because that will have a direct impact on the estimates and quotes I provide. I encourage anyone interested to look at our previous discussion about Front Matter, where I laid out some possibilities, but if I don’t hear anything else from anyone on the issue I will just scope it for some minimal YAML properties that seems sensible to me, and we can review/amend before approving that proposal.

1 Like