Log reports add links

When I edit a new log report, I cannot link to columns as seen in the report below. Where can I do that?
it appears in the form of text without links in my reports.

1 Like

Hmm Iā€™m not sure I understand. By ā€œlog reportā€, do you mean you are building custom Views of logs in Drupal?

1 Like

where we see the log records.
I will add pruning to my menu. I created my own page.

When you click on the date or log name column here, it goes to the edit page. When I add it, the straight text comes. I canā€™t click.(as seen in picture 2 above)

1 Like

@compact2 Did you create a new View for your log type at /admin/structure/views?

You can refer to the Views for other types as a reference for how they are configured. I would recommend simply cloning and modifying one of the existing Views (eg: farm_log_activity) for your needs. That way you can be sure it works consistently. You may be able to just clone and change the log type filter to ā€œpruning logsā€.

Please note: if you are creating your own log types, you are responsible for writing your own migrations for farmOS 2.x. Custom log types will NOT be migrated automatically into farmOS 2.x.

See: 1.x Migration - farmOS 2.x Docs

You may want to consider just using core log types (eg: Activity + a ā€œPruningā€ log category) instead of creating your own log typesā€¦ at least until you are on farmOS 2.x.

oo this was troublesome for me. I create many log types and edit the forms accordingly.
For example, when I updated farmos in the current system, there was no problem and everything came.
Will this not be happening in farmos 2.x?

1 Like

it is solved. thanks.

1 Like

Glad to hear you figured it out @compact2!

oo this was troublesome for me. I create many log types and edit the forms accordingly.
For example, when I updated farmos in the current system, there was no problem and everything came.
Will this not be happening in farmos 2.x?

The upgrade from farmOS 1.x to farmOS 2.x will be a ā€œmigrationā€ - not a simple update. It will require you to set up a second database alongside the 1.x database, install farmOS 2.x, point it to your old database and execute the automated migration scripts via the command line. All of that is being documented here: Migrating from farmOS v1 | farmOS

This is different from the normal update process from one 1.x version to the next. The reason for this is due to our underlying dependencies making major changes, which are outside of our control. Hopefully this will be the only ā€œmajorā€ migration-based update for the foreseeable future.

Weā€™ve tried to make the process as easy as possible, and are working to document it thoroughly. That said, because self-hosted instances can be customized, we can only provide these automated migration scripts for ā€œdefaultā€ farmOS configurations. So you will need to rewrite any customizations youā€™ve made and write automated migration logic for them. Iā€™ve done my best to warn about these upcoming changes everywhere I can so that the community can be prepared. Iā€™m sorry if this is going to cause you trouble.

If all you have done is created custom log types, then it may not be too difficult for you to make a 2.x module that includes the migration logic you need. I am documenting the basic for 2.x module development here: farmOS module development | farmOS

You will need to follow these directions to define your custom log types: Entity types | farmOS

And you can copy/alter the migration logic that we have written for simple log types like ā€œobservationsā€ here: https://github.com/farmOS/farmOS/blob/2.x/modules/core/migrate/config/optional/migrate_plus.migration.farm_migrate_log_observation.yml

You just need one of those files for each log type, in the moduleā€™s config/optional directory. Replace all occurrences of observation with the machine name of your log type.

Be sure to test your migrations thoroughly so you can be sure everything is migrated properly. See the migration docs link above.

We are still a few months away from tagging a first ā€œbetaā€ of farmOS 2.x - so you have some time. You can also choose to stay on farmOS 1.x as long as you like - just know that all future development will be focused on 2.x.

1 Like