Logs for a property

Hello. I have several small properties set up each with different paddocks linked back to a parent property. Is it possible to see all activity logs for a property instead of each individual paddock?

It is quite possible that I don’t have things set up correctly yet.
Thanks, Simon

1 Like

Actually it looks like I just need to put the property into the Location and that gets what I need. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @soxeshall - welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Is it possible to see all activity logs for a property instead of each individual paddock?

This is something that has come up in the past, and I agree it would be nice to be able to easily see logs that are in children of the location you’re currently looking at (eg: see all logs that are associated with paddocks within a property when you are looking at the property).

We’ve had this feature request open for a while, but no one has contributed work to get it done: https://www.drupal.org/project/farm/issues/2551073

Actually it looks like I just need to put the property into the Location and that gets what I need. Thanks.

This will achieve the goal of making the logs show up under the property asset, but it has other disadvantages, and ideally you would only reference the specific sub-locations at the log level.

Ultimately, it will be possible for farmOS to determine the full list of logs within a property by looking at the hierarchical relationships between location assets. It just doesn’t do that now (yet).

Hi @mstenta. Thanks for this reply. It is really appreciated. Good to know I am not missing anything.
Cheers, Simon

1 Like