Online Ag Education Platform Looking for Instructors inc AgTech

Introducing https://www.learn.farmfront.org/, a platform from Farmfront.

We have been quiet while working on our biggest project for this year. As a new organization, our biggest concern is generating a steady stream of revenue to support our goals of building an apprenticeship program and farm incubator.

To do that we are starting by immediately building our education program with the support we’ve received so far.

We’ve known for months we wanted that program to be online first. Current events have suggested an online education platform is more important than ever for people to learn agricultural skills.

We are now in a place where can can bring on board instructors as partners.

This is where WE NEED YOU!

More information is here: https://www.farmfront.org/become-an-instructor/

Because we are just starting and our focus is broad, the opportunities are wide open. This would be a great opportunity to teach people about open source farming tools, especially using FarmOS. Our audience includes people not traditionally associated with agriculture.

FarmOS is the sort of tool people like wives and children could use as they learn about farms they currently are and are going to inherit. My own mom is one of those! And she loves FarmOS but doesn’t have the time to go to physical classes to learn more about land management. So I can guarantee at least ONE student and she’s a participator!

Of course, feel free to offer any questions about courses we are looking for, our intellectual property policies, our missions, etc.

2 Likes

This is awesome @ejsurbecknyman - thanks for posting! I shared a link on Twitter and in the farmOS chat as well!

1 Like

As a heads-up, I will be hosting a live, public Zoom session both Apr 2, 2020 08:00 PM Central Time and Apr 8, 2020 08:00 PM Central Time. Both will just be 30 minutes long. I’m also happy to do personal video chats. I’m stuck at home so I’ve got the time! :grin:

Topic: Farmfront Learn Instructor Demo 1
Time: Apr 2, 2020 08:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 435 158 394

Topic: Farmfront Learn Instructor Demo 2
Time: Apr 8, 2020 08:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 191 260 341