Uploading pdf to assest getting error: The file could not be uploaded because the destination "private://farm/asset/2022-04" is invalid

HI All.
short time user first time poster. I am still busy setting up all my assets. I want to upload pdf’s to certain assets. After creation of asset when attempting to upload the pdf I get the error: The file could not be uploaded because the destination " private://farm/asset/2022-04 " is invalid. I am pretty sure that error has something to do with the “private:” part as that looks like an invalid location name to me. Regrettably I only perused the forum after running into the issue, I have since updated to beta4, and also added the line to settings.php to set the private files location. thus far no luck. I am hosting on own docker with default locations for www and db. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks

Hi @trippi welcome to the farmOS forum!

The private filesystem configuration is something that has come up for others, so I would recommend searching the forum for other threads… but the summary is:

You need a directory inside the container at /opt/drupal/web/sites/default/private that is writable by the www-data user, and you need to add the following line to your settings.php file:

$settings[‘file_private_path’] = ‘/opt/drupal/web/sites/default/private/files’;

Here are a few threads:

Hey, thanks. I have, while waiting for a reply, continued looking through the forum and found a solution that worked. I did edit the settings.php adding the line " $settings[‘file_private_path’] = ‘/opt/drupal/web/sites/default/private/files’; " but removing the preceding slash from in front of opt/. Also a hard server reboot did nothing I had to clear the cache in admin - config - development - performance. I have only uploaded one pdf thus far but it seems to be working. Thanks again for the fast reply

I followed this post for the most part:

1 Like

Glad you got it working!

but removing the preceding slash from in front of opt/

Oh interesting! I’m not sure why that would work… but I do recall someone else saying that too (will need to check that other topic you linked to). :thinking: