farmOS 2.x Alpha Feedback

This forum topic can be used for feedback and comments from farmOS 2.x alpha testers.

For more information see: farmOS 2.x Releases (and What to Expect)

2 Likes

Congratulations and great work!

Where would you like features requests? (remember the trait feature of logs that we discussed; as opposed to quantity?)

Also, do you have a live dev instance where we can play with/hit the endpoints? Otherwise, I should just be less lazy and spin up a local instance.

2 Likes

@Kipling see Use Tugboat for development previews and possibly demos, I have a live preview available & linked there. I haven’t tested the API with OAuth in these previews… I think there could be an issue with that. But GET requests from the browser are working fine.

If you’re hoping to do any development I’d suggest spinning up a local instance though!

1 Like

Where would you like features requests? (remember the trait feature of logs that we discussed; as opposed to quantity?)

I’d love to start a dedicated topic to discuss that one! We had some good thoughts in chat (we should dig up the link to that archive and link to it), but I think there were still some questions/considerations. First step might be listing out what the use-cases are. Excited to talk about that! Want to kick it off @Kipling? I’ll try to dig up and link to past convos…